Are you in a search of something sweet and healthy with tea? Or something full of proteins for the lunch of your children. Candied fruit cakes are among the most delicious desserts. It is eaten in many regions at breakfast and supper time. On different occasions, it is served most frequently. Apart from this, mothers give these candied fruit cakes to their children at lunch. As it is very tasty. Children like this so much. Because it fulfills the need for taste, sweetness, and carbohydrates.
Making of candied fruit
For candied fruit cake you will need candied fruit. A most frequent asked question is that how can we make candied fruit for fruitcake. So, the answer is that it is super simple easy. Once you’ll learn how you can make candied fruit. You’ll love it for sure. The things that you need are mentioned below.
Now follow the following step to make candied fruit.
Candied fruit recipe
- First remove the extracts from the fruits that you are going to use e.g. (carrots, apricot, orange, lemon, etc.)
- Now cut it into slices or strips, whatever the shape you want.
- Now take a saucepan and pour one cup of sugar, one cup of honey, and 2 cups of water into it.
- Let the water boil and cook it at 235-degree Fahrenheit.
- When you see that the liquid is concentrated almost 80%,
- Put a small portion of fruits into it. And cook them at low to medium heat.
- When they become transparent. Bring them out and repeat the process with the rest of the fruits.
- Now the candied fruit slices are ready. Let them cool and then put it into an airtight jar for future use.
Walmart is providing a proper packing of candied dried fruits that are very easy to use. They provide a candied fruit mix packet in which candied fruits coated with powdered sugar are available. The cost of that packet is also not so high. It is easy to buy and easy to use packet. Walmart also provides separate candied lime slices, candied orange peel slices, candied carrot slices, and candied cherries.
Candied fruitcake recipe
Fruit cake recipe with candied fruit cake is very simple. But when it comes to a specific region, every region has its own recipe. According to their taste and customs. But in this blog, we will look at the most common recipe for fruitcake. The time required for preparing this cake is about 1 and half an hour. And for softening (macerating) the cake, time is required about 6 hours. Let’s have a look at the ingredients that are required for the candied fruit cake.
- Half cup of pitched dates.
- Half cup of candied orange peel.
- ¼ of candied lime slices.
- ¼ of candied cherries.
Or if you don’t want to use all separate candied fruits, you can use Walmart candied fruit mix.
- Half cup of coffee powder.
- ¼ cup of grape juice.
- About 12 to 15 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- 3 and a half cups of all-purpose flour.
- About half teaspoon mace (grounded).
- About half teaspoon cinnamon (grounded).
- 2 pinches of cloves (grounded).
- Half teaspoon salt.
- One teaspoon baking soda.
- One teaspoon baking powder.
- Half cup of brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- 2 to 3 eggs.
- Two tablespoons of powdered sugar.
Procedure of candied fruits
- First of all, put all the candied fruits into the bowl and add the brown sugar and also grape juice into it. Cover it with the butter paper and leave it for about 6 to 7 hours or for better results you can also leave them overnight. This is only to soften the fruits.
- Now in the second step, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Fill half pan with water and let it heat.
- Now take a tube pan in which you have to make a fruit cake. Grease it with oil and sprinkle some all-purpose flour all over it. It is done to prevent the cake stuff to be stick with the pan.
- Now take a separate bowl, and put all flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, clove powder, mace, and cinnamon in it and stir it. Keep them aside.
- Now take another bowl and add butter to it. Beat it with the beater, electric or manual. Beat it for approx. 30 to 40 seconds. Now add eggs and beat again.
- After that add brown sugar and beat it again. In the end, add vanilla extracts and beat again.
- Beat it until it becomes fluffy and light creamy wight in color.
- Now keep the beater on low speed and step by step add all other dry ingredients.
- Add dates, add candied fruits, and in the end add liquid in which the fruits were soaked overnight.
Or the other one is that you can use the fruit cake mix. with this cake mix, you just have to add milk and candied fruits in the bowl.
- Now pour the whole batter into the greased tube pan.
- Now put the tube pan in the oven and bake it until it rises and the top of the cake becomes brown.
- The cake will be cooked in approx. one hour.
- Now take the pan out of the pan and let it cool.
- After that, make a sugar syrup, cut the cake into slices, and brush the cake slices with the syrup.
- You can also decorate it with icing sugar and leftover candied fruits.
- Enjoy candied fruit cake!
With these candied fruits, you can also make many other different deserts. The candied fruits can also preserve for the future. The common deserts that are prepared with candied fruits include candied fruit cake and candied fruit cookies. These cookies are also very delicious and liked in many regions. These candied fruit cookies can be served as an evening snack.